Eco Styler Gel

So, I know it has been a while since my last post.  A lot has been going on in my world.  We are working on a few major projects and have some big news coming ahead.  As a result of all that is going on, I will most likely be posting less frequently in an attempt to keep my head above water.

Today's post is quite simple.  In December of last year, I decided to make a major change in my life.  I decided to attempt to "go natural".  For girls with curly hair like myself, this means no longer putting a relaxer in my hair to permanently straighten it.  I have contemplated this decision for the last couple of years, I even created a list of pros and cons for making the decision.  Below I have posted my actual list.


So, now it has been nine months since I have had a relaxer put in my hair.  I decided to slowly transition rather than do a "big chop".  A "big chop" is when you cut all of the relaxed hair off and start from scratch.  Luckily, my hair never really took well to relaxers, so my curl pattern has not been totally destroyed by chemical relaxers.  As a newly natural girl, I have been exploring product options that help make my hair work for me.


One of the new products I have discovered is this Eco Styler Gel with olive oil.  Now, I have to be honest, the word "gel" has always scared me.  I remember being a teenager and seeing people use gel to slick their hair to their head, a style I have never been fond of because I believe hair should be soft and move.  I just do not like hard hair.

Since discovering this Eco Styler Gel, my outlook has changed.  This gel is quite useful and does not make hair hard or flaky.  Once applied, curls are still soft yet well defined.  When I wear buns, I use it to tame the frizzy halo that appears around my hairline when my hair is curly. 

When doing a wash and go, I wash hair with Tresemme Naturals shampoo and conditioner.  Then, instead of using my homemade leave in conditioner, I have recently switched to using regular conditioner as a leave in.  This is a tip I learned from my hair inspiration model, Mahogany Curls on YouTube.  After applying the leave in conditioner, I apply a bit of the gel to my hair in sections.  The gel helps to define my curls.  Here is a video of Mahogany Curls' hair routine.  Her hair is so beautiful.  One day, I will be there, one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner