Nursery Project: More Wooden Art

Here is another wooden art project I wanted to do for the nursery.  I found this one on Pinterest too.  Here is a picture of the Pinterest inspiration.  It is from the Make It & Love It blog, a link to it can be found here.

Pinned Image

For this one, I used large flat cardboard letters from Hobby Lobby and a 24" x 24" piece of 1/4 inch thick Oak sheet from Lowe's.  We decided against using the beadboard as shown in the original picture because the sheets of beadboard were so big.  We did not have another use for the remainder of it if we were to use it, so we chose another wood product.


Mr. C was so nice to spray paint the board black for me. 


I used the same white acrylic paint used on the first wooden art, found here, to paint the cardboard letters. 



Once everything was painted, we let it all dry for a day.


Then, I placed the letters on the black wooden square to determine placement.  With a hot glue gun, I attached them to the square.  Be generous with the glue to secure the letters to the wood. 


I found it helpful to use a yardstick to guide the placement of the letters and make sure they were even.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner