Valentine's Day Goodies





It's time for the Valentine's Day class parties to commence!  I'm trying to make up this holiday for forgetting the Little Mister's Christmas party in December.  I know, I'm a "Bad Mom".  The date just snuck up on me that time.  But, I did send treats a day later to make up for it.

Although I enjoy baking, I've decided to lay off the baked goodies this holiday.  Several of the kids will be distributing candy, cookies and cupcakes for the party.  I am opting to go with a non-food treat.

When deciding what to bring, I thought about something my son loves.  And that is, Play-Doh, the moldable, squishy, ball of fun.  

I ordered a couple of miniature Play-Doh party packs that I found at Target.  It can be found here.  I picked up some clear cellophane treat bags from Dollar Tree, found here.  And, I made some labels to fold over and staple to the bags.  I just made this using a simple Word document.  All the supplies I used are pictured below.



I dropped the Play-Doh in each treat bag, folded the card around the opening of the bag and secured it with a staple.  It took me less than thirty minutes to do thirty treat bags for the class.  



This is a simple idea that can be done at the last minute for parties.  Since I missed the Christmas party last year, I am trying to be more organized and come up with these ideas in advance, hence another reason for the non-edible treats.  As I come up with more ideas like this, I will post them here.  Hopefully, these quick ideas will help my fellow working parents out there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner