Hair Journey

In my last post, I talked about my decision to transition my hair into it's natural state.  Here are some pictures of how my hair looked throughout the transitioning process.  I will warn you, some of these photos are not the best quality.  I am trying to do a better job documenting this hair journey.

When I flat iron my hair, I wear that straight style for about four days to a week.  If it starts to revert to its curly state in less than a week's time, I simply wash it and just go back to wearing it curly.  I flat iron my hair at least twice a month.  I know, some naturals may be out there gasping.  Flat ironing is sometimes considered a big natural hair faux pas.  So far, I have not had any issues with heat damage.

February 2012
May 2012
May 2012 - Flat ironed

April 2013 (a month after my son was born)
September 2013 - Flat ironed
March 2014 - Flat ironed
August 2014
April 2015

April 2015 - Flat ironed

Okay, excuse that last picture.  I had flat ironed my hair a few days ago and have worn it in a ponytail for most of the weekend.  So, as you can see, I have creases in it and it appears uneven.  I assure you, my hair is not uneven.  My stylist takes great care of those ends and I get them trimmed regularly.

My hair has grown a great deal since starting this process.  I do understand that part of the growth can most likely be attributed to my pregnancy a few years ago.  However, I definitely feel my hair is healthier than it has been in the past.

For those interested in my natural hair journey, I will continue to post my progress in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner