Three Strand Twist Out


I discovered this style years ago when I saw the final results.  I've never been good at twistouts, but I have always liked them.  It took a while for me to grasp the concept of the three strand twist because naturally your brain wants to braid when you divide your hair into the three sections.  It's a funny thing how your brain works.  I have found that it takes concentration to make these three strand twists happen, but it's not hard.

Here are two angles of how the style looks.  Don't mind my eucalyptus in the background.  I didn't realize it made it hard to see the style.  Now, I will say, one of the problems I always have with twistouts, is that my hair tends to unwind at the ends, no matter how tight I twist it.  Because of this, I actually roll my ends around a metal clip and close the clip to keep the twists in overnight.  Also, I take bobby pins and twist my hair tighter at the roots and secure it with pins to keep it from untwisting and just looking puffy around my roots.  



To achieve this style, I used water (in a spray bottle), Eco Styler gel, a Denman brush, metal clips and small bobby pins.  I started with day old hair that had been air dried.  I created a video to show the process of how I did it.  Hopefully, you find this helpful.  Please excuse the small hands waving in the bottom corner, that is the Little Mister.  This is my first time doing a tutorial style video, so here goes...


So, I love the way this style looks.  I just don't think it is really worth the time it takes to achieve it.  In total, it took me about 45 minutes to twist my hair.  I had to sleep with it in twists all night, which wasn't terribly uncomfortable.  But, I did have to be careful the snap clips didn't come out at the ends.  Then it took about another 15 minutes in the morning to take it down and style it.  I pinned the side back with a metal clip in it because there was a weird lift in my hair on that side (most likely due to the way I had twisted it).  Also, the ends on my right side would not stay curled, so some of them were hanging down.  I didn't like this.  So, in the video, you see me spray them and try to twist them with my finger.  That didn't really help.  In the future, I don't plan to do this style often, but I will do it again.

If you've tried this style, let me know how it works for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner