Mason Jar Door Hanger



Here is another project I completed months ago, but never posted.  When we first moved here, I had a wreath on the door for every occasion.  I had kind of grown a little tired of my standard wreaths.  So, I had been looking for other options.  While walking through the store, looking for inspiration, I picked up a large black wooden mason jar door hanger and some burlap and lace ribbon.  I thought it could go around the neck of the mason jar.  

The supplies purchased from Michael's

When I got home with all my supplies, I thought of making a letter "C" using my Cricut.  The "C" was made in Design Space using the "Another Day in Paradise" font I found on Dafont.com.  I sized it to fit the body of the mason jar, leaving the lid area blank so ribbon could be tied around the "neck" of the jar. 

I used white permanent 651 vinyl I already had on hand, and cut the letter with my Cricut Explore Air 2 machine.  Then, I weeded out the excess vinyl from the sheet, leaving just the "C" on the backing.  

Using the transfer tape, I placed it over the entire letter, smoothing out any bumps.  Since the letter was so large, I used the Cricut mat to keep it flat while I applied the transfer tape.


After peeling the letter off the Cricut mat, I flipped everything over and slowly pulled the paper backing away from the transfer tape, leaving the letter on the transfer tape.  


I placed the letter on the mason jar and used the scraper to go over the entire letter and make sure it stuck to the wood.  Then, I slowly pulled away the transfer tape. 


As a habit, I always run my finger over the vinyl to make sure it is sticking to the surface of the item I am putting it on.


To add a finishing touch to the mason jar door hanger, I tied the burlap and lace ribbon around the neck of the jar.
 

 I clipped the ends of the ribbon.   


I love the way this quick and simple project came out. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants