Shrimp Remoulade




Last year, I started eating more and more shrimp remoulade salads.  They became a staple during the Lenten season.  After spending lots of money buying them multiple times a week, I decided to try my hand at making my own.

Ingredients:
For the Salad
16 - 20 count shrimp
Crab boil (I use Louisiana brand)
Spring salad mix
Grape tomatoes

For the Remoulade Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup creole mustard (I use the Zatarain's brand)
1 tsp ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/4 cup grated white onions
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 squeeze of juice from half a small lemon


I boiled the shrimp in the crab boil until done.  After the shrimp boiled, I let them sit in the water for 5 minutes. This allows the seasoning to soak into the shrimp.




To prepare the remoulade sauce, I started by mixing the mayonnaise and creole mustard.  


Then, I added in the ketchup, distilled white vinegar, cayenne pepper, black pepper, paprika, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and onions.  This is how the onions look grated into the sauce.



Then, I squeezed the lemon juice into the sauce.


I created a bed of the spring mix on each plate, and added a small handful of grape tomatoes to it.   


I layered the shrimp atop generously. 


And, finished off the salad with the remoulade sauce. 


This remoulade sauce also works well for crab cakes.  It can even be used as a dipping sauce for meat pies too.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants