Testing the Revlon One Step Dryer and Volumizer

I recorded this video last year. Initially, I was just going to scrap it. However, given these current pandemic times and our need for social distancing, I decided to edit and post it. I recorded my first impression and subsequent review of how the Revlon One Step Dryer and Volumizer worked on my curly natural hair.

When I first saw this little dryer, I thought, "If this thing works, this could really save me some time".  I quickly searched the internet to watch people test it out.  But, I didn't see many results for people with my texture hair.  And, I was curious to find out if it could blow dry my hair from a wet state and give me a wearable blowout.

I decided to purchase it myself and see if this thing worked.  Even if it didn't work to give me a style I could walk out of the door with, it would at least make drying my hair more comfortable.  I used to use a blow dryer with a comb attachment to dry my hair, then I would flat iron my hair in small sections.  The entire process used to take about an hour and a half from wet to dry.

To make this review easier, I created a video of my experience.  To see how it worked for me and how I used it, check the video.  To cut to the chase, scroll down to see my final thoughts.



Final Thoughts:  I like this handy dryer, but I wouldn't consider it a finishing tool.  Yes, I could have walked out of the door with my hair as is, using just the dryer.  But, the issue would have been maintaining the style.  I needed to run the flat iron through my hair to both smooth the look and combat the frizzies.  This dryer is the equivalent of using an old fashioned straightening comb, in my opinion. It straightens the Hair, but the style may not last long.  It could definitely save time and be used when doing styles that require straight, but not super straight hair.  All in all, I think it was a good buy and I like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants