Roasted Green Beans

I love roasted green beans!  They are quite possibly my most favorite vegetable.  The best part about making them is that the recipe is extremely simple.  I realized I say that a lot when I am posting recipes.  However, I think everyone is capable of doing what I do.  People should believe in trying something out, if it does not work out well or they do not like it, they can always decide not to try it again.


Now, I did not create this recipe myself.  I actually found it on the Food Network's website by Emeril Lagasse, found here.  Someone had told me about roasting vegetables, so I Googled the topic and the first one that came up seemed really tasty.

Ingredients:
Green beans
Olive oil (I always use extra virgin, but you could probably use any kind)
Kosher salt
Black pepper

You may notice from the list of ingredients that I did not include measurements.  The original recipe did, however, I choose to eyeball everything.  You would have to kind of go out of your way to mess up this recipe.  If you prefer to see the measurements, you can refer to the link above.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Line a baking dish with parchment paper.  Trim the ends of the green beans, if using fresh.  If you are using frozen green beans, you can skip this step.  Wash them in a colander and place them on the parchment paper.  Spread them out as best you can.  If you are like me, some of them will overlap because I try to make so many at a time.

Drizzle olive oil over them, kosher salt and pepper, then toss them around to coat fully with the oil and seasonings.

Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner