Shrimp Topping for Fish


I was set to make baked fish for dinner the other night.  While cooking, I decided I wanted to spice up the fish a bit, so I decided to try out a shrimp topping for it.  I threw together some ingredients I had on hand.  I seasoned the catfish the same way I did in the Stuffed Catfish recipe.  I did not include the stuffing for this recipe, although it would probably interesting to do the fish with the stuffing and the shrimp topping.

Ingredients:
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 tbsp. butter
1 lb. shrimp
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 dry sherry
1/4 cup of milk (if you have heavy cream on hand, use that, I didn't this time)
1 tsp. cornstarch (if you use heavy cream, you may not need to use this thickening agent)


Saute the garlic and butter in a pan.  Then, add in the shrimp.  Season with cayenne and black peppers and salt.  Continue to let cook until shrimp starts turning pink.

Add in the sherry, milk and cornstarch (if needed) and let cook for about ten minutes.  That's it!  Simply spread the topping generously over the fish.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner