Easiest Roast Recipe Ever


This method for cooking roast is awesome.  I'm sure you have figured out by now that I am a big fan of cooking in slow cookers.  There's nothing better than coming home from work to dinner already prepared.

I like using these slow cooker liners.  They make cleaning up so easy.   Usually you can find them on the same aisle as the oven bags.
 


I've mentioned here before the miracle ingredient, onion soup mix packets.  I use them to prepare potatoes in the oven.  I also use them to make my roasts in the slow cooker.

Ingredients:
Roast (beef or pork)
1 packet onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
carrots
potatoes (optional since this dish is served over rice)
mushrooms

First, slice the mushrooms, carrots, and quarter the potatoes.  Throw them in the bag with the roast.  This recipe can be used for either beef or pork roasts.


Add the packet of onion soup mix.

Then, add the cream of mushroom soup.

Now, you can take a twist tie and close the bag and refrigerate until you are ready to cook.  You can also cook it right away, if you would like.  For this particular roast, I put it in the slow cooker the next morning.


The final step is to simply place the bag in the slow cooker.


Cook on high for 6 - 8 hours.  The roast will be so tender.  This is best served over rice, although I have also been known to eat it like a stew.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner