Pancakes


Here is a recipe I have been using for a few years.  It makes a pretty large batch of pancakes.  We usually eat what we want right after I make them.  The leftovers I put in a Ziploc bag to reheat throughout the week for breakfast, they reheat well. 

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
7 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs

First, combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.  I prefer to use this bowl with a handle and spout, it makes pour the pancakes onto the griddle much easier.


Add the vanilla extract, milk and eggs to the mixture and mix.

When the ingredients are smooth in texture, they are ready to be poured on the griddle. 


Pour them on the griddle, providing at least a one inch space between each. 


When the top of the pancakes start to look bubbly, they are ready to be flipped over.  This is a trick my cousin taught me that he learned from my aunt.  It has been quite helpful in achieving the perfect golden brown color on the top of the pancakes.


Allow them to cook on the other side for about one minute, just enough to brown.  Remove them from the griddle and you are done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

Slow Cooker Shrimp Fajitas