Wedding Idea: Remembrance Frame

Periodically, I will throw in additional wedding related posts.  A few weeks ago, I did a week focused on wedding related projects.  Who knows?  There may be some bride or future bride out there interested in these wedding posts.


As a tribute to family members we had lost, we wanted to create a way to remind us of their spiritual presence at our wedding.  There is something comforting in remembering loved ones at special moments in your life, such as a wedding.

We decided to do a remembrance frame.  On it, I wrote the following:
Although your chair is empty,
And we're physically apart,
We saved a special place for you,
In our memory and our hearts.
We know you are looking down on us
And celebrating with us in a special way.
Sending your love to fill the room,
As we all enjoy this blessed day.

I came up with this particular language, although I am pretty sure there are most likely similar versions out there on the web.  I simply printed the poem on a sheet of scrapbook paper and framed it.



To accompany the frame, we placed a little decorated chair beside it.  I bought a miniature chair from the craft store and spray painted it silver.  I tied a little piece of organza ribbon around it to look like a chair sash.  Our photographer creatively used it to take pictures of our rings at our reception, here is a picture of how the chair looked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner