Classic White Icing

This is the recipe I use for my classic white icing.  It is not super sweet, the salt cuts down on the sweetness.  It contains Karo syrup which helps to make it smooth and creamy.

Ingredients:
2 softened sticks of unsalted butter
3 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (I use my homemade recipe)
1/4 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of light Karo syrup

Using a mixer, first cream the softened butter in a bowl. 


Add in powdered sugar and continue to mix.


Then add in vanilla, salt and milk and mix until all ingredients are well mixed and your icing is a smooth consistency.


This icing is great for cupcakes, but I also used it for the "B" cake I made, found here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner