DIY Cake Plate

I found this idea on Pinterest first, it was a pin from The Happy Housewife's blog.  It can be found here.


I made my own version using some beautiful ceramic plates I found at Hobby Lobby. 


First, I started with a glass candlestick holder.


Spray paint the candlestick holder black. 



Then instead of hot glue, I used epoxy in a syringe as the bonding agent.  To use the syringe, you have to squeeze a bit of the of both substances and mix them together. 


I use a toothpick to apply the mixture to the top of of the painted candlestick holder. 



Then press the candlestick holder to the bottom of the ceramic plate and hold for about a minute.


Leave the plate upside down, it takes about a day for the epoxy to cure completely.  Once it cures, the cake plate is done.  These are great for sweets like cookies, cupcakes and petits fours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner