Hanging Hampers

Happy Friday!  This post will be quick and easy.  I saw this idea on Savvy Brown's blog.  It can be found here.  It works well for organizing laundry. 


Instead of using pillow cases, I made my own bags.  They are about the same size as a standard pillow case.  I sewed three sides together (the two long sides and on short side of the rectangular pieces of fabric).  Then I just created a loop all the way around the open end of the sack large enough to thread the drawstring through.

For the drawstring, I used a thick rope to give the bag something a little more durable from which to hang.  I made three of these bags, because we like to sort our laundry, and hung them from a scrap piece of wood I had left over from another project.  I added unfinished wooden knobs to the piece of wood to serve as hooks.  The piece is screwed into the studs in the wall.  Each bag is tied around a knob.

Once assembled around the embroidery hoop, and hung, the drawstring will cause the bag to close in a little.  However, the embroidery hoop helps to create an opening once the bag is hung.  Here is a side view of what the bag will look like.

Comments

Popular Posts